Thursday, December 16, 2010

Epilogue.

Well I know I'm past the assignment submission but I feel like writing this anyway.

Where to begin... Upon the first arrival to this class you might just be questioning "what IS seeing sidways? Why do I need to learn how to see sideways?" We'll there isn't a specific answer to what this class is and what you will learn and as with anything you do in college you only get out of it what you put in, if you want to half ass your way through school and through this course you won't gain anything except a hefty bill when you graduate. The one thing I will tell you that you absolutely have to do in this course is put in a conscious effort for your own good, you can do whatever you'd like and still get the points for it (for all that they matter) but when you put in time and create something that you're proud of is when you will realize the value of this course. It is an opportunity to explore yourself and your own creativity in places that other classes have restrained you. There is no "dreaming too big" in this course. If you have an idea that you'd like to create, Beth will either let you do that instead of an assignment as long as there is good reasoning, but don't blow anything off. You'll ruin out on a great opportunity to learn how to play again. I blew off the first half of this course, kind of. I was more into rambling and bull-shitting my way through assignments, however valid points I made they were put to shame because I didn't structure anything. I learned more in this course though than I did in any other one I took this semester. Beth broke me and I don't think she even meant to, I bullshitted for the first half of the class and then I realized I wasn't getting much out of class, she pushed me to do something better and that I did. I actually produced real projects for the last part of the semester. I thank Beth for everything she did for me in this class and I wish you all well, stay creative and just let your heart flourish.

1 comment:

  1. Wow. That was a powerful statement. And that is no bullshit! I will miss you. Stop by and say hello sometime. Crashing class is always fun! :-) Peace - Beth

    ReplyDelete