Monday, December 13, 2010

This shit is it

So for my final project or "pickles" as I guess some of you like to call it I had this idea to deal with irony and making students stressing out about their finals interview with me and I was going to create a short 3-5 minute documentary. Well since I don't own a camera and this idea came to me late I had to wait to check one out, and that was Thursday night and considering no one is at school on Friday I really didn't have much to shoot. Plus work interfered with my schedule of shooting because I had to work Thursday all day as well as Friday. So I created something I've been wanting to mess with for a while. I've watched some videos on some things that people have done with After Effects and its awesome. This is by no means a finished piece of mine, but it is something I enjoy. I relate it back to my identity project, because sometimes I still feel that way about how I get in my own way of learning or doing something that I really want to. I let myself be a problem for myself and now I sound schizo.

The project is a video of me burning up. I didn't have a green screen so I had to use a sheet that didn't work that well to key out. I also wanted to use a background Image but for the burning to work correctly I needed a black screen, so I had to screen myself over the Image and it doesn't look as good as it could. This is the only way I could figure out how to get it to work, I'm sure theres other ways but here it is.

By the way I've never used after effects for any kind of digital effects. The most I've done is the Ken Burns effect.

Disappearing Disintegration from Zach Dudka on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment