Thursday, November 4, 2010

Reaction to class 11/1/10 and Bliss assignment and all of that jazz

First off I'd like to say that I'm pissed because I forgot to do this. It seems like when I DON"T go to class I don't think about class as much as far as the homework I should be doing. So my reaction to initially not having class, I was indifferent. I don't mind coming to class so it wasn't some huge treat to not go to class. I was already at school that day anyway, but I guess I'll take it.

The first reaction I got when I read the Bliss assignment was excitement. I like being forced to "play," especially since college and work have taken most of my time away from me so I don't have time to do anything for strict enjoyment anymore. I can't say that I'm surprised, I honestly don't think I'd be too surprised at anything Beth would do at this point. Puzzled about the assignment a little bit, but I'm not too worried about it honestly. I'm not one to freak out about anything, I generally just roll with what I've been given so if that is more free range than thats cool. If anything I'm more excited because I feel like this is the only class I've moderately pushed myself, I realize a lot of my assignments have been tagged as "BS" but that is some of my best work that I put out in this world, if I am forced to have a set assignment in another class that needs more structure I can't let my mind explore and come up with anything great or different when I'm bounded by the limits of the assignment. In this class I just let my mind go and just try to type as fast to keep up with what I'm thinking and that is what I like to do. I then can go back and re read my thought and construct them into something decent but for now, shit, I just go. My grammar and sentence structure suffer when I do my assignments like this because its written exactly how I think it out, which I believe is the problem as to why some people can't take it seriously. Anyway, I am more excited for another assignment in this class rather than anxious or stressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment