Sunday, September 12, 2010
Backwards Man
The word experience is a particular instance of personally encountering or undergoing something, or to personally observe. Everyday we wake it is a certain experience that is our own personal experience and is unique only to us. The fact that there are billions of different people in the world make up for an astronomical amount of experiences had everyday. Most experiences we encounter on a given day for the average human being are probably fairly basic and the same. The thought of experiencing something different or like someone else would is good for the human spirit, perhaps its walking blindfolded or wearing ear plugs all day. Your perspective on the world is entirely different. For our project we were told to walk backwards (not that this would be something you would see somebody with a disability or anything have to do), I however, did this at the worst possible time I could. I had honestly forgotten about the project until Saturday 9/11. Let me just say I'm a fan of college football and some of you might see where this story is already going. Being a fan of college football the natural thing to do on any Saturday in the fall would be to tailgate. While tailgating I figured it would be a good idea to get some homework done at the same time at the expense of adding together drinking and schoolwork. Generally, I'd say its a bad combination but for this particular project the chances of me falling down were pretty good in the first place so I didn't see much of an additional risk. I started walking backwards through the cars and trunks lining the grass parking lot at the wonderful establishment known as Ball State University. My walk backwards towards the porta-potties wasn't what anyone would call graceful, but with the help of my beloved friends it was done with ease. I actually felt the walk backwards was easier than walking forwards. The best part about walking backwards while you are semi inebriated is that if you do fall, you land on your butt rather than your face. Excellent trade off. My favorite part of this exercise was the location I choose, I wasn't the only one doing it. Granted I had an actual reason for doing it but, knowing you just look like everyone else saves you from embarrassment because everything is okay to do while tailgating. Burger and Beer in my backwards walking hands I noticed that drunk people could care less if you're walking backwards or forwards....and that falling down backwards is less painful than forwards.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment