Tuesday, October 12, 2010
Response to Class 10/11/10
I went into this class today preparing for almost the worst fights. I wasn't surprised that we talked about religion the most because people's belief systems seem to be at the center of their core. I thought that the discussion went well and everyone obeyed the rules that we sent into place (except beth calling my name out constantly). I wasn't intrigued as I thought I was going to be though. The discussions I feel relied too heavily on religion in general, when I felt like I wanted to change the subject too many other people would jump in and throw it back to religion. I enjoyed hearing a lot of the reasoning for everyone's beliefs, normally people that i've talked to will be like "well i was raised like this and was told its right so its what i do" and even if someone in the class stayed the same religion they were when they were raised it was for a good reason and I respected that a lot. I particularly enjoyed the discussion about why we come to class, because even if were not completely like minded we still like to hear other's viewpoints and I think that is the best part about this class about how we come together and can think creatively and respectfully to everyone else.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment