I didn't feel this class was as good as most of our other classes, the discussions seemed to be cut short by someone getting distracted by the cat or snake. The best part about this class was conquering the fear of snakes, I'm not completely over it but holding that snake was a step in the right direction.
I'd also like to apologize to the girl that I offended with my speech, I think it was a miscommunication between what you thought I was saying and what I actually was saying. I didn't mean what I was saying that you can control your fear, maybe I rambled on for more than I wanted to but the point that I was trying to get across was that you SHOULD be able to control it but because of the type of emotion that it is, it is extremely hard to. You can control anger, sadness, joy, etc... but controlling fear is a whole new beast that is extremely hard to harness, the experiment I wanted to conduct in class was like kyle's experiment, based on the fact that you can almost freak yourself out just by over thinking everything. If you eyes are closed and you can't hear anything you almost expect something to happen to you, you expect the worst all of the time and I was merely trying to corrulate that with overcoming fears and controlling it, I'm not saying out of nowhere you could just control your fear, get over it, thats it the end. No I wasn't saying that at all, I was saying that with work you SHOULD be able to control it but I never said it would be an easy thing to do, its pyschological and not being a pyschologist its easy to call bullshit with what I'm saying but that was just my idea.
That is what I wanted to get out in class but didn't have time and really couldn't come with the words at the given moment.
The rest of the class was an outing experience, I don't remember that guys name but the guy that talked about his past problems and life, that was real, it was incredible and probably one of the strongest things i've ever seen someone do. After that class just died out.
No comments:
Post a Comment