Sunday, October 3, 2010

Understanding the Fear part 2

This is the rest of my assignment for the fear experiment. People didn't respond as well as I'd liked for them to, but I feel its because I gave them an option instead of forcing them to do my experiment. A few people from class said that they liked my speech but, I feel that I could have done a little bit better. I really enjoyed getting up there to share my feelings with the class and my ideas on fear and of course, standing on the table. My thunder was stolen a little bit because Kyle did somewhat of the same experiment that I was attempting. About half of the class from what I could see actually did my experiment of closing their eyes and their ears and listening to me talk about anxiety and trying to let people freak themselves out. The ones that did participate in the experiment had a better idea of what I was talking about rather than the ones that just listened and watched me talk.


Honestly, I felt like the outcome of this experiment was about the same that I thought it was going to. About 1/3 of the class maybe participated and probably half of that actually experienced what I wanted them to.

If I were to redo this experiment I would have brought ear plugs and tried to get it as dark as possible and really run around the room to freak people out, perhaps bring in a megaphone and get it as silent as possible and then just yell into it or something. I really just wanted people to freak themselves out instead of me doing it.


The most successful presentation I felt was Kyle's presentation. He was very prepared and I liked his because it was about the same thing that I wanted to do, It wasn't just bringing in something to scare someone it was a pyschological fear, that you did yourself and you felt anxiety because you THOUGHT something was going to happen and thats what I wanted to evoke in people. The way that it impacted how I saw my own project was that he executed it better than I did and I wish I would have done more like he did.

No comments:

Post a Comment